Truck Accidents Cause Real Damage in Pinellas Park and St. Pete
Truck accidents cause more property damage and injury to the body than car accidents in Pinellas Park and St. Petersburg due to their heavy loads and size of their vehicles. In fact, truck accidents in Florida are occurring more frequently. In the past decade, the nation as a whole has seen a 20% increase in truck accidents. The Motor Carrier Safety Progress Report found there were 65,118 truck and bus accidents in 2013 responsible for approximately 38,000 injuries and 2,000 fatalities.
What do all these facts and figures have to do with you? As a driver and passenger on the road, you need to be aware and extra diligent near larger vehicles to avoid serious injury or death. Or perhaps you drive a tractor trailer or other large vehicle for a living and want to learn how to avoid a major accident – the last thing you want to do is hurt someone on the road. Read on to learn some common causes of truck accidents and the treatment available after an accident.
Truck Accidents: Common Causes
Accidents involving larger vehicles are often more complex than traditional car accidents. Because of this, truck accidents are regulated and governed by a different set of federal law.
- Unsecured Cargo – When a driver is carrying a large load that has not been tied down appropriately, the result if the load comes loose out on the road can be devastating. Many deadly accidents have been caused by the failure to adequately secure cargo. Avoid driving near trucks carrying loads. Give them several car lengths of space. Call the police and report cargo that appears unsafe.
- Driver Fatigue – Truck drivers are required to take rest breaks while on long road trips. Falling asleep at the wheel or driving while fatigued puts other drivers and themselves at serious risk. If you see a large vehicle swerving or driving in an erratic way, call the police to have them checked out.
- Missing Truck Reflectors — A truck without the number of reflectors required by law poses a dangerous threat to others on the road. Though the vehicles are large and seem hard to miss, a driver can easily not see them during nighttime, sun glare, fog, torrential downpour, heavy snow, or other conditions.
- Truck Maintenance – A truck that does not operate properly can cause accidents. For example, if the brakes are not up to par or if there is a failure in the steering system. Truck drivers should ensure their truck is in prime shape before taking to the road.
- Truck Manufacturer – Occasionally, faulty manufacturing leads to car accidents, injury, or death. Investigators like police officers, attorneys, and other experts have ways to determine if this might be the case after an accident.
- Tire Care: Blowouts and Tread Separation — You’ve likely seen chunks of tires littering the road before. Those are left behind from large trucks after a blowout or thread separation. Often a surprise to drivers, if a truck driver is not alert, he or she may not react properly and cause an accident.
Truck Accident Treatment in Pinellas Park and St. Pete
“You should always seek treatment immediately after any truck or auto accident,” said Dr. Matthew Walters, a truck and car accident chiropractor in Pinellas Park with Gulf Coast Rehabilitation and Wellness Center.
“Truck accident injuries can be fairly serious given the sheer size and weight of a truck. The greater impact can cause whiplash, neck and back pain, and injury to the spine. You may experience headaches and chronic inflammation may develop or worsen in the months following the incident. We always recommend for folks to come on in and get checked out,” he said.
Dr. Walters’ clinic offers a wide range of treatment options for those with truck or car accident injuries as well as traditional spinal manipulation. Treatments available include:
- Traditional chiropractic care
- Laser Therapy
- Massage therapy
- Exercise and lifestyle counseling
Call to Schedule Chiropractic Care After a Truck Accident
The medical professionals at Gulf Coast Rehabilitation and Wellness Center have over 20 years experience treating injuries resulting from truck and car accidents in Pinellas Park and St. Pete. Their number one goal is to return you to a pain-free and healthy life through safe, natural, and effective treatment. With chiropractic care, the body is allowed to naturally heal itself to end your headaches, whiplash, or neck and back pain.
All consultations are risk free! For more information on treatment for your truck or car accident, please contact us. Dr. Matthew Walters and staff are happy to answer your questions.
Call (727) 541-2520 or visit http://gulfcoastrehab.us/ to discover how a truck and car accident chiropractor in St. Pete and Pinellas Park can help you.
Posted From: http://gulfcoastrehab.us/blog/b_74625_what_makes_laser_therapy_so_great_its_available_at_your_local_pinellas_park_and_st_pete_chiropractor.html
What Makes Laser Therapy So Great?
It’s Available at Your Local Pinellas Park and St. Pete Chiropractor
Laser technology is here, and it’s revolutionizing the way we treat car accidents in Pinellas Park and St. Pete as well as other acute or chronic pain.
What makes laser therapy so great? Our patients love it for several reasons, but mostly because it is non-invasive, painless, has no side effects, and actually works to stop their hurt and inflammation. Other benefits include:
- Speeds Recovery
Thanks to accelerated tissue repair and cell growth resulting from the laser treatment, your whiplash, torn ligaments, surgery wounds, burns, cuts, or other injuries heal faster than they would on their own. The laser emits photons of light which penetrate deeply into tissue, accelerating cellular reproduction and growth. This shot of light increases the energy available to the cell so that it can take on nutrients and do away with waste products at a quicker pace. Damaged cells repair faster as a result.
Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect, meaning it reduces swelling to damaged tissues caused by car accidents, falling, bruising, inflammation, surgery, work accident, sports injury, or other incident.
- Reduces Pain
When your troublesome area is less inflammed, you feel less pain. The treatment acts as a analgesic, because of its beneficial effect on nerve cells. Decreasing nerve sensitivity reduces pain transmitted to the brain.
- Better Vascular Activity
Laser light increases the formation of new capillaries damaged in tissue from injury or surgery, speeding up the healing process, and closing wounds quicker. The increased healing process also reduces scar tissue. Laser Therapy in Pinellas Park and St. Pete also results in angiogenesi, increased diameter of blood vessels, further aiding in shortening recovery time.
- Increases Metabolic Activity
Laser photons help to create higher outputs of specific enzymes, oxygen, and food particle loads for blood cells. Basically, this process provides the things cells need to work at their best and most optimum pace. The faster and more efficiently cells work, the quicker your recovery and the less pain you feel from your car accident, sciatica, fibromyalgia, or injury.
- Trigger and Acupuncture Points
Laser Therapy provides relief from musculoskeletal pain by stimulating muscle trigger points and acupuncture points in a noninvasive way.
- Improves Nerve Function
The numbness in your limbs and other restricted movements after a car accident in Pinellas Park or St. Pete or other condition are caused by slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue. Laser Therapy speeds the process of the nerve cells reconnecting, which optimizes muscle healing.
Laser Therapy is Available Near You
Chiropractors were the first to take notice of Laser Therapy. It is approved by the FDA for safety and effectiveness, and offered by the office of Gulf Coast Rehabilitation and Wellness Center in Pinellas Park. In three to five 10-minute treatments, patients report less pain and the ability to lead a more active and healthy life.
Areas Laser Therapy May Benefit
Laser Therapy can be used on any area of the body where you feel pain and works on ligaments, muscles, and soft tissues. The laser may be used to treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Neck and back pain caused by car accidents (and other incidents)
- Acute conditions
- Degenerative joint disease
- Muscle strain and sprain
- Sports injuries
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Chronic pain
- Post-Surgical swelling
- Plantar fasciitis
- Work injuries
- Falling injuries
Call Today to Schedule Laser Therapy for Your Pain
The medical professionals at Gulf Coast Rehabilitation and Wellness Center have over 20 years experience treating injuries resulting from car accidents, sports, work, personal injury, slip and falls, or acute or chronic pain symptoms. Their number one goal is to return you to a pain-free and healthy life through safe, natural, and effective treatment, regardless of how your pain began. Their qualified chiropractors will meet your treatment needs using a variety of modalities, including Laser Therapy. With chiropractic care, the body can naturally heal itself to end your pain.
All consultations are risk free! For more information on Laser Therapy for pain in Pinellas Park and St. Pete, please contact us. We are happy to answer your questions including any regarding this breakthrough technology.
Call (727) 541-2520 or visit http://gulfcoastrehab.us/ to discover how chiropractic care and Laser Therapy in Pinellas Park can help you.