Posted From: http://gulfcoastrehab.us/blog/b_67096_guide_to_lower_back_pain_exercises_get_rid_of_pain_for_good.html
Guide to Lower Back Pain Exercises: Get Rid of Pain for Good!
Lower back pain exercises restore strength to your back muscles, leading to a gradual return to everyday activities. Your full recovery after surgery, injury, or chronic pain is dependent upon a steady lower back pain exercise plan.
Generally during early recovery, you may need to exercise about 10 to 20 minutes every day until you can gradually increase time exercising as you strengthen and stretch your muscles.
Using this lower back pain exercise guide, you can ease your suffering and improve your quality of life. Please take note: you should always confer with a trusted medical professional like those at Gulf Coast Rehabilitation and Wellness Center ((727) 541-2520 or http://gulfcoastrehab.us/) before pursuing any exercise regimen.
When performing aerobic exercise, you need to focus on keeping your spine in a neutral position while also keeping your abdominal muscles tight. This position will protect your lower back during aerobic exercise, and strengthen your back and abdominal muscles which will further reduce your lower back pain. Start with a stationary bike for 20 minutes or a treadmill.
Initial Lower Back Pain Exercises
Be gentle with your back. When you begin an exercise program, start with small movements and stretches like these:
· Ankle Pumps – While laying on your back, ensure the pelvis is tucked under and your back is not arched. Move one ankle up and down, repeating 10 times. Then do the other ankle.
· Heel Slides – While laying on your back, ensure your pelvis is tucked under and your back is not arched. Slowly bend and straighten your knee, repeating 10 times. Then do the other knee.
· Abdominal Contraction – Laying on your back, bend your knees and rest your hands on your stomach below your ribs. Tighten your abdominal muscles, focusing on squeezing your ribs down toward the floor. Do not hold your breath. Hold this position for 5 seconds, then release. Repeat 10 times.
· Wall Squats – Stand with your back leaning against a wall. Walk about a foot forward, while keeping your back against the wall. Tighten your abdominals and slowly bend both knees 45 degrees sliding down the wall and leaning on it for support. Hold this position for 5 seconds, then return to the upright position. Repeat 10 times.
· Heel Raises – Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. Slowly raise your heels up and down 10 times using a wall or chair for stability if you need.
Intermediate Lower Back Pain Exercises
· Single Knee to Chest Stretch – While laying on your back, bend both knees and ensure your back is not arched. Hold your thigh behind one knee and slowly bring the knee up to your chest. Do not lift your head or neck. Hold this position for 20 seconds, then relax. Repeat this move 5 times for each knee.
· Hamstring Stretch – While laying on your back, bend both knees and ensure your back is not arched. Hold one thigh behind the knee, and slowly straighten your leg toward the ceiling until you feel the back of your thigh muscle stretch. Hold this position for 20 seconds, then relax. Repeat this move 5 times for each leg.
Advanced Lower Back Pain Exercises
· Hip Flexor Stretch – While laying on your back near the edge of the bed, bring your knees up to your chest and hold them there. Slowly lower one leg down, keeping the knee bent and your back flat against the bed until you feel the top of your thigh stretch. Hold this position for 20 seconds, then relax. Repeat 5 times on each side.
· Piriformis Stretch – While laying on your back with both knees bent, cross one leg on top of the other. Use your hands to gently pull your knees to your chest. You should feel a stretch in your buttock/hip area. Hold this position for 20 seconds, then release. Repeat 5 times on each side.
Call Today for a Risk Free Consultation
Gulf Coast Rehabilitation and Wellness Center offers a complete risk free consultation and evaluation for men, women, and children. Our trained medical experts evaluate your health and customize a treatment plan using various methods to relieve lower back pain including massage by a licensed massage therapist and weight loss management. We believe in treating the whole person instead of just focusing in on one problem to achieve overall health and wellness.
Call (727) 541-2520 or visit http://gulfcoastrehab.us/ to schedule an appointment to discuss lower back pain exercises, an injury, chronic pain, or your general health.
Posted From: http://integratedmedfl.com/2016/11/30/heat-natural-back-pain-relief/
Natural pain relief comes in many forms. Some of it are acupuncture, relaxation techniques, hypnosis, massage, reflexology, chiropractic manipulations and a lot more. These methods are quite popular nowadays as they have proven to be effective and have less side effects compared to medicines with chemicals and other unknown artificial ingredients. Some of the more […]
The post The Heat is on for This Natural Back Pain Relief appeared first on Integrated Medical Center of Florida.
Posted From: http://integratedmedfl.com/2016/11/09/sports-injuries-prevention-back-pain/
In sports people learn techniques, and will train to enjoy the sports. The problem is most trainers fail to train the peers correctly. Injuries occur when inappropriate training and techniques are used. In addition, many people engage in sports failing to wear proper clothing, helmets, etc, and sometimes people will participate in sports when weather […]
The post Sports Injuries Prevention and Back Pain appeared first on Integrated Medical Center of Florida.
Posted From: http://gulfcoastrehab.us/blog/b_74625_what_makes_laser_therapy_so_great_its_available_at_your_local_pinellas_park_and_st_pete_chiropractor.html
What Makes Laser Therapy So Great?
It’s Available at Your Local Pinellas Park and St. Pete Chiropractor
Laser technology is here, and it’s revolutionizing the way we treat car accidents in Pinellas Park and St. Pete as well as other acute or chronic pain.
What makes laser therapy so great? Our patients love it for several reasons, but mostly because it is non-invasive, painless, has no side effects, and actually works to stop their hurt and inflammation. Other benefits include:
- Speeds Recovery
Thanks to accelerated tissue repair and cell growth resulting from the laser treatment, your whiplash, torn ligaments, surgery wounds, burns, cuts, or other injuries heal faster than they would on their own. The laser emits photons of light which penetrate deeply into tissue, accelerating cellular reproduction and growth. This shot of light increases the energy available to the cell so that it can take on nutrients and do away with waste products at a quicker pace. Damaged cells repair faster as a result.
Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect, meaning it reduces swelling to damaged tissues caused by car accidents, falling, bruising, inflammation, surgery, work accident, sports injury, or other incident.
- Reduces Pain
When your troublesome area is less inflammed, you feel less pain. The treatment acts as a analgesic, because of its beneficial effect on nerve cells. Decreasing nerve sensitivity reduces pain transmitted to the brain.
- Better Vascular Activity
Laser light increases the formation of new capillaries damaged in tissue from injury or surgery, speeding up the healing process, and closing wounds quicker. The increased healing process also reduces scar tissue. Laser Therapy in Pinellas Park and St. Pete also results in angiogenesi, increased diameter of blood vessels, further aiding in shortening recovery time.
- Increases Metabolic Activity
Laser photons help to create higher outputs of specific enzymes, oxygen, and food particle loads for blood cells. Basically, this process provides the things cells need to work at their best and most optimum pace. The faster and more efficiently cells work, the quicker your recovery and the less pain you feel from your car accident, sciatica, fibromyalgia, or injury.
- Trigger and Acupuncture Points
Laser Therapy provides relief from musculoskeletal pain by stimulating muscle trigger points and acupuncture points in a noninvasive way.
- Improves Nerve Function
The numbness in your limbs and other restricted movements after a car accident in Pinellas Park or St. Pete or other condition are caused by slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue. Laser Therapy speeds the process of the nerve cells reconnecting, which optimizes muscle healing.
Laser Therapy is Available Near You
Chiropractors were the first to take notice of Laser Therapy. It is approved by the FDA for safety and effectiveness, and offered by the office of Gulf Coast Rehabilitation and Wellness Center in Pinellas Park. In three to five 10-minute treatments, patients report less pain and the ability to lead a more active and healthy life.
Areas Laser Therapy May Benefit
Laser Therapy can be used on any area of the body where you feel pain and works on ligaments, muscles, and soft tissues. The laser may be used to treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Neck and back pain caused by car accidents (and other incidents)
- Acute conditions
- Degenerative joint disease
- Muscle strain and sprain
- Sports injuries
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Chronic pain
- Post-Surgical swelling
- Plantar fasciitis
- Work injuries
- Falling injuries
Call Today to Schedule Laser Therapy for Your Pain
The medical professionals at Gulf Coast Rehabilitation and Wellness Center have over 20 years experience treating injuries resulting from car accidents, sports, work, personal injury, slip and falls, or acute or chronic pain symptoms. Their number one goal is to return you to a pain-free and healthy life through safe, natural, and effective treatment, regardless of how your pain began. Their qualified chiropractors will meet your treatment needs using a variety of modalities, including Laser Therapy. With chiropractic care, the body can naturally heal itself to end your pain.
All consultations are risk free! For more information on Laser Therapy for pain in Pinellas Park and St. Pete, please contact us. We are happy to answer your questions including any regarding this breakthrough technology.
Call (727) 541-2520 or visit http://gulfcoastrehab.us/ to discover how chiropractic care and Laser Therapy in Pinellas Park can help you.
Posted From: http://prohealthdoc.com/sports-injuries-back-pain/
The post Sports Injuries And Back Pain appeared first on Pro Health.
Posted From: http://gulfcoastrehab.us/blog/b_73229_what_happens_to_your_body_after_a_chiropractic_adjustment.html
What Happens to Your Body After a Chiropractic Adjustment?
At Gulf Coast Rehabilitation and Wellness Clinic, we perform hundreds of chiropractic spinal adjustments for folks living in Pinellas Park and surrounding Tampa Bay communities every day to treat whiplash, car accident injuries, sciatica, fibromyalgia, headaches, and whole host of other conditions. If you haven’t come in for an evaluation, you may give us a call at (727) 541-2520 or visit http://gulfcoastrehab.us/ to schedule. Read on to discover what you should expect to feel like after your first chiropractic adjustment.
What is a Chiropractic Adjustment?
Chiropractic adjustments are spinal manipulations performed by a chiropractor to realign your spine (correcting subluxation) and other skeletal regions of the body to remove pressure on your nerves and re-balance your body structure. Correcting vertebral subluxation through chiropractic spinal adjustments affects many bodily functions and activities, like nerve impulse flow over the spinal cord. When spinal nerves are returned to normal, your body begins to renew and rebuild itself.
Relief from Symptoms
You may find your neck and back pain symptoms have begun to disappear after a few visits. The symptoms and problems that drove you through the chiropractor’s door soon begin to lessen, especially if you follow your treatment plan and lifestyle counseling advice.
A small number of people do not feel much difference after an adjustment and take this as a sign that chiropractic care in Pinellas Park and St. Pete is not working. The lack of any external reaction, especially immediately after a first visit, does not mean you are not benefiting from your adjustments. Each case is unique, and depending on a variety of factors like the cause of your pain – including whether you are following all of your chiropractor’s advice regarding water intake and home exercise prescriptions – will ultimately affect your treatment results.
You may experience a wonderful sense of relaxation and a feeling of peace following an adjustment. These feelings can stretch out for the rest of the day or even the week and may lead to a great night’s sleep, possibly better than you have had since your symptoms began.
Some people report a warm feeling that flows down the spine and through the limbs, and find this to be a soothing experience. Other folks feel a boost of energy after chiropractic care in Pinellas Park, and end up enjoying an unexpectedly productive day.
After your adjustment, you may feel a small amount of discomfort, headache, and muscle soreness, as well as:
- Detoxification – These symptoms can be due to detoxification of your body after the adjustment. Adjusting the spine releases toxins bound up in the subluxation. As these poisons leave your system, you may feel a slight amount of nausea, headache, fever, drowsiness, or lethargy.
- Muscle soreness – The muscles around your spine aid in the realignment after adjustment, so it makes sense that you may be a little sore. In many cases, these muscles have not been in the proper position for many years and are weak. You may continue to feel a little temporary soreness until the muscles have strengthened again in their rightful positions.
- Awakening of Nerves – In some cases, nerves were impinged or compressed for years are now waking up and healing, therefore becoming sensitive again. This is a good thing.
- Stress Release – Our body has a physical reaction to stress, affecting the neck and back. Chiropractic adjustments in Pinellas Park may release these fixated stress points, and can cause a feeling of euphoria as a result.
- No Feeling – If your general state of health is good-to-great, you may not feel any difference after your first adjustment. Likewise, your condition may be so deteriorated that sensation to your body is lost.
For most people, these reactions are short-lived and temporary, and you get to enjoy the feelings of well-being after the first adjustment or two.
Reduce and Relieve Reactions
To reduce any chiropractic care reactions in Pinellas Park or St. Pete:
- Water – Drink at least four cups of water after a treatment to flush out the toxins and lactic acid released from spinal correction.
- Ice – Ice down the muscles or sore area to reduce inflammation. Use a gel cold pack or simply wrap ice in a small towel. Apply for approximately 10 minutes or until the area is numb. You can repeat up to 3 times.
- Food – Avoid meat following an adjustment as it promotes inflammation. Eat vegetables, fruit, and fish. You may also take a vitamin C supplement as it is an anti-inflammatory (check with your chiropractor first).
- Exercise – Be sure to follow any at-home exercise or stretching prescribed by your chiropractor. After your first treatment, you likely want to avoid any heavy lifting. It may help to take a 20-minute walk.
Your chiropractor should provide you with a list of instructions following your first chiropractic spinal adjustment. It is always a good idea to check with your chiropractor first before pursing any new exercise or diet plan, especially if you are under initial care.
Call Today to Schedule Chiropractic Care in Pinellas Park and St. Pete
The medical professionals at Gulf Coast Rehabilitation and Wellness Center have over 20 years experience treating injuries resulting from car accidents and other situations. Their number one goal is to return you to a pain-free and healthy life through safe, natural, and effective treatment, regardless of how your pain began. Their qualified chiropractors will meet your treatment needs using a variety of modalities, including laser therapy. With chiropractic care, the body is allowed to naturally heal itself to end your pain and so that you don’t experience a worsening injury later.
All consultations are risk free! For more information on treatment for headaches, whiplash, neck and back pain, sciatica, fibromyalgia, please contact us.
Call (727) 541-2520 or visit http://gulfcoastrehab.us/ to discover how chiropractic care in Pinellas Park and St. Pete can help you.
1 800 sos pain are chiropractic care physicians. And we likely have a local pain management clinic near you for pain relief or pain treatment. We have chiropractic pain management clinics in Clearwater, New Port Richey, Pinellas Park, St Petersburg and Tampa Florida....
We are the Florida sports injury headquarters. Don’t hesitate to contact 1800sospain 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. When you live an active life, then you are almost sure that you are going to experience a few pains and aches. Indeed, athletes and other...
Posted on 08-15-2016 Posted From: http://gulfcoastrehab.us/blog/b_68778_meet_dr_kevin_lee_chiropractic_skeptic_turned_chiropractor.html Meet Dr. Kevin Lee D.C., Chiropractic Care Skeptic Turned Chiropractor Dr. Kevin Lee at one time believed chiropractic care was a...
Posted From: http://youtu.be/kIVkla1Ojc4